NOVA - Pathway to the Baccalaureate
A special program at NOVA designed for students who:
- Are interested in obtaining a bachelor’s (4 year/college) degree.
- May need assistance with the process and Are interested in starting at NOVA and transferring to George Mason or another 4 year college/university.
- Will graduate no later than August 2020.
- Have a strong desire for academic success.
- No minimum GPA is required to apply.
Pathway Benefits in High School:
- Individual meetings with Pathway Counselor in the Career Center (meet about college transition issues, major/career planning, etc.).
- Workshops on the application process.
- Preparation for placement tests & take placement test.
- Assistance with financial planning – including help with applying for financial aid, scholarships and NOVA payment plan.
- Priority course registration.
Pathway benefits at NOVA:
- Academic, career, transfer, financial aid counseling.
- One-stop shop.
- Can request same counselor at NOVA until transfer.
- Guaranteed admission agreements.
- Special Pathway agreement with George Mason University.
- Special Pathway sections of College Success Skills course.
- Regular academic and social activities.
- Mid-Semester Progress Report.
- Applying for and participating in the Pathway program does not bind you to NOVA – you can still apply/go to a 4 year school.
- Pathway students can transfer to ANY 4 year school, it does not have to be GMU.
- All NOVA students can take advantage of the GAA’s, but Pathway students can start the process early and are provided additional support.
- NOVA application and the Pathway application are different.
What do I do now?
- Notify your School Counselor that you are thinking about the Pathway Program.
- Obtain and fill out a Pathway application.
- Return the application to your School Counselor by the deadline (currently closed).
- Acceptance decisions will be mailed out at the end of December/early January.
For more information about the program, please visit: https://www.nvcc.edu/pathway/