Hello Python Scientists!
We are so excited about holding Evergreen Mill’s second annual Science Night on February 9th sponsored by the PTA. Thank you for your interest in the Science Fair!
To participate, choose a scientific subject that interests you. Your project may include:
- An experiment or scientific demonstration OR
- Research on a scientific topic or question of your choice
Once you’ve decided on your project, complete and send in the Registration Form. The deadline for project registration is Friday January 26th.
The primary requirements to participate include:
- Trifold no wider than 48” that must stand up on the table outlining the details/highlights of your research/experiment (see the project guidelines with Trifold example).
- 2-3 minute presentation on your project to share with the science fair audience who will visit your project.
You may also perform a supporting demonstration using equipment/materials or prepare a video to be played. Please review Project Guidelines.
At Science Night, you will be assigned a Science Fair station where you will set up and present your project to Science Night visitors. More details about this will be sent as we get closer to the event.
Other resources available to you that will help you get started with your project include:
- Science Fair Rules and Guidelines - requirements and guidelines for creating your project and participating in the Fair
- EMES Science Fair Registration Form — form to be completed and returned to school by January 26th to ensure a spot in the Science Fair
- Science Fair Project Resource Guide — websites resources & sample projects to provide ideas & support on potential projects
- Scientific Method — step-by-step guide on how to perform a scientific investigation to help you plan your project and experiment
Please contact the Science Fair Coordinator Liz Daly (lizkdaly [at] gmail [.] com) with any questions.
If you need any financial assistance to help with your project, please contact Mr. Pellegrino at 571-252-2900.
Thank you and good luck with your projects!!