Reflections Winners Gallery
OUR WINNERSCongratulations to our 2017-18 winners, Abrianna and Kashvi! Our winners will go on to compete at the PTA district level.Photos of the winning entries are in the gallery above. The Music Composition winning entry audio is available here and the corresponding written composition is available here.OVERVIEWGive students confidence in their abilities to explore ideas and learn through the arts! Reflections is a national arts contest run by the National PTA. Every year students are asked to "Reflect" on a theme, and then create a piece of art work. Themes are also chosen via a national contest every year. The theme for 2018-19 is "Heroes around Me." Entries can be made in any of the six categories:
ENTRY FORMDownload the student entry form here. Entries are due by Monday, November 20, 2017. A submission box is located in the Farmwell front office.RULES HIGHLIGHTS
- Visual Arts (2D & 3D)
- Music Composition
- Film Production
- Dance Choreography
A full list of all the rules is available on the Virginia PTA website. Be sure to review them before submitting an entry.QUESTIONS?If you have any questions, please contact Kits Ramani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only. An adult may not alter the creative integrity of a student’s work (except for the special artist category).
- Each entry must have a title and an artist statement. The artist Statement must be at least 1 sentence and no more then 100 words.
- In the artist statement, students should tell us about their work and what it means to them.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instruments, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
- Art entries are judged by a panel of local professional artists. Student names are hidden for judging.
Last Modified on June 6, 2018