Mountain View Elementary School Counseling Department Vision Statement
Together, entrusted with and accountable to be the bridge for the success of every student.
- All students have diverse strengths, needs, and abilities that contribute to their academic, social, personal, career, and community goals.
- All members of the Mountain View Elementary community have the right to access services provided by the school counselor.
- The school counselor is a safe person with whom students can share concerns, accomplishments, and personal goals.
- As school counselors, we collaborate with the students, teachers, parents, and community members acting as the bridge between all stakeholders to help guide students to reach their goals and to develop a growth mindset.
- The presence of the school counseling program positively impacts the school climate.
- We help students develop a healhty self-concept and an acceptance of individual differences.
- As professional school counselors, we will participate in on-going professional learning opportunities to maintain a strong school counseling program.
- The school counseling program will be aligned with the best practices of the American School Counselors Association National Standards including ethics, confidentiality, and data driven program development.
Last Modified on September 26, 2018