School Counseling Vision Statement
Together, entrusted with and accountable to be the bridge for the success of every student.
School Counseling Belief Statement
- All students have diverse strengths, needs, and abilities that contribute to their academic, social, personal, career, and community goals.
- All members of the Mountain View Elementary community have the right to access services provided by the school counselor.
- The school counselor is a safe person with whom students can share concerns, accomplishments, and personal goals.
- As school counselors, we collaborate with the students, teachers, parents, and community members acting as the bridge between all stakeholders to help guide students to reach their goals and to develop a growth mindset.
- The presence of the school counseling program positively impacts the school climate.
- We help students develop a healthy self-concept and an acceptance of individual differences.
- As professional school counselors, we will participate in on-going professional learning opportunities to maintain a strong school counseling program.
- The school counseling program will be aligned with the best practices of the American School Counselors Association National Standards including ethics, confidentiality, and data driven program development.