LOUDOUN COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS VISION & MISSION
The mission of the Loudoun County Public Schools is working together as One LCPS, we place students at the center of our work, helping every student pursue and reach their full potential and empowering them to make meaningful contributions to the work. The mission of school counseling services is to ensure all schools provide a comprehensive, inclusive, and culturally responsive counseling program that assesses the strengths and needs of all students, staff, and the community. The LCPS school counseling services vision is that students will be empowered through an academic, college and career, and personal-social multi-tiered system of support that ensures that all students are prepared and have access to the knowledge and skills necessary to be resilient, critical thinkers, communicators, collaborators, creators, and contributors to the world.
MOUNTAIN VIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is to create an environment where all children enjoy learning and will achieve to the best of their ability. Each will develop a strong foundation in academics, technology and the arts while building character traits necessary to become productive citizens.
MOUNTAIN VIEW SCHOOL COUNSELING MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Mountain View Elementary Counseling Department supports the mission of Loudoun County Public Schools and Mountain View Elementary School by providing a developmentally appropriate, comprehensive curriculum to explore the academic, career, and personal/social needs of all students. Our program empowers students to be confident, knowledgeable, responsible, respectful, and productive citizens in a diverse, ever-changing world.
MOUNTAIN VIEW SCHOOL COUNSELING BELIEF STATEMENTS
- All students have diverse strengths, needs, and abilities that contribute to their academic, social, personal, career, and community goals.
- All members of the Mountain View Elementary community have the right to access services provided by the school counselor.
- The school counselor is a safe person with whom students can share concerns, accomplishments, and personal goals.
- As school counselors, we collaborate with the students, teachers, parents, and community members acting as the bridge between all stakeholders to help guide students to reach their goals and to develop a growth mindset.
- The presence of the school counseling program positively impacts the school climate.
- We help students develop a healthy self-concept and an acceptance of individual differences.
- As professional school counselors, we will participate in on-going professional learning opportunities to maintain a strong school counseling program.
- The school counseling program will be aligned with the best practices of the American School Counselors Association National Standards including ethics, confidentiality, and data driven program development.