Degrees and Certifications:
HRM Counseling Vision and Mission
Harmony Middle School Counseling Vision Statement
The vision of Harmony Middle School Counseling Department is to empower all students to become meaningful contributors to our community and the world in which they live.
Harmony Middle School Counseling Department Mission
StatementHarmony Middle School Counseling Department provides a comprehensive, and developmental program that addresses academic, career and personal/social needs in a safe and confidential environment for every student. Harmony counselors collaborate with educators, parents and the community to assist all students in becoming life-long learners, and believe all students can be productive citizens.
Harmony Middle School Statement of Philosophy
Harmony counselors will:
· serves as advocates for all students to address individual, family, systemic and community needs with the belief that all students can be successful.
· provide professional school counseling services to all students.
· provide a nurturing learning environment to help all students reach their highest potential and aspire to become lifelong learners.
· address the diversity and developmental needs of all students to ensure they receive the maximum benefit from the counseling program and school learning community.
· collaborate with families, school staff, community members and other available resources to assist with student development.
· use data to develop, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the counseling program in the school’s learning environment through needs assessments, pre/post test, and the Harmony Middle School improvement plan.
· collaborate with the Harmony Administrative team, two times a year to ensure that the counseling program services are meeting the needs of all students.
· adhere to the ethical standards as set forth by the American School Counselor Association, and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
· participate in professional development activities to enhance cultural competency, stay abreast of current trends and other information affecting students.