LCPS SEAC works with the School Board, Administrators, Parents and Teachers who are responsible for students receiving special education services.
SEAC Business Meeting and Program Schedule 2017-2018
SEAC Business Meetings typically occur the first Wednesday of each month from 6:00-6:50 PM in the LCPS Admin. Bldg. A portion of the business meeting is reserved for official Public Comment. SEAC meetings and programs are open to the public.
SEAC-sponsored programs begin at 7:00 PM n the same location as the SEAC Business Meetings. The goals of SEAC programs are to share progress and updates regarding SEAC's ongoing priorities and concerns, and deliver a panel presentation that provides info to generate SEAC member and participant discussion to help identify unmet special education needs.
The schedule (subject to change):
- Sept. 6, 2017 - Orientation for PTA/PTO Reps and New Members, 6:15 PM; SEAC Briefing 2017-18: The Role of SEAC in Identifying Unmet Needs, 7:00 PM
- Oct. 4, 2017 - SEAC Business Mtg @ 6 PM, An Update on Dyslexia Interventions and Next Steps @ 7 PM
- Nov. 1, 2017 - SEAC Bus. Mtg. @ 6 PM, Understanding the LCPS Process: Advocating for the Necessary Funding to Support SPED @ 7 PM
- Dec. 6, 2017 - SEAC Bus. Mtg. @ 6 PM, IEP Part 1 - Promoting True Individualization of the IEP: Goals, Services and Expertise, Inclusion, Discipline, Giftedness @ 7 PM (Note: First Week of December is Inclusive Schools Week)
- Jan. 17, 2018 - SEAC Bus. Mtg. @ 6 PM, IEP Part 2 - Promoting True Individualization of the IEP: Goals, Services and Expertise, Inclusion, Discipline, Giftedness @ 7 PM
- Feb. 7, 2018 - SEAC Bus. Mtg. @ 6 PM, Related Services: Speech/Language, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Music Therapy and Social Skills Training @ 7 PM
- March 7, 2018 - SEAC Bus. Mtg. @ 6 PM, Facilitating a Continuum of Successful Transitions: From Elementary to Middle, Middle to High, and After High School @ 7 PM
- April 4, 2018 - SEAC Bus. Mtg. @ 6 PM, An Update on Autism Service Expansion @ 7 PM (Note: April is Autsim Awareness Month)
- May 2, 2018 - SEAC Bus. Mtg. @ 6 PM, Mental Health Awareness and Integrative Supports for SPED Students (Co-sponsored by LEAP and MSAAC) @ 7 PM (Note: May is Mental Health Awareness Month)
Our Feedom SEAC Rep is Lisa Glasgow.