Procedures for behind-the-wheel registration:
- To be eligible for behind the wheel students must have their learner's permit and have attended the partners for safe teen driving presentation.
- Forms may be picked up in the guidance office.
- Forms are returned to the guidance office with a check for $225.00 made out to "Briar Woods High School"
- The students name is then added to the bottom of the behind-the-wheel list.
- Students will be contacted by a behind-the-wheel instructor when their name reaches the top of the list.
Procedures for behind-the-wheel instruction:
- A schedule will be established by the behind the wheel instructor for two behind-the-wheel students.
- Students must bring their learner's permit to every behind the wheel session.
- Cell phones are PROHIBITED during the in car sessions.
- Behind-the-wheel will last 7 days. Each session is two hours consisting of one hour driving, one hour observing.
- The last day of behind-the-wheel will be the road skills test.
- Students who have held their learner's permit for nine months and passed the road skills test will receive their 180 day provisional driver's license.
- Parents must meet with the behind the wheel instructor after the road skills test to review paper work and sign the student's provisional driver’s license.
- The students will be contacted by the juvenile court with a time and date to attend their licensing ceremony. At that time the student will receive their permanent driver's license.