Welcome to 12th Grade English!
Need to contact Mrs. Douglas? Click here.
Some important information:
- Class will rely on the use of Google Classroom. As such, you are highly encouraged to bring a laptop (or any other similar device) to class regularly.
- If a parent/guardian would like to receive email summaries of what has happened in class on either a daily or weekly basis, he/she can email Mrs. Douglas.
- This year's syllabus can be accessed by clicking here.
- A review of our department's grading and best practice policies can be found by clicking here.
- This an overview of the 12th grade's "Esssential Skills" list for the year:
- Significance--how and why we do it
- Making personal connections
- Identifying main and supporting ideas
- Marking figurative language
- Identifying author’s purpose and style
- Literary Criticisms
- Using different lenses to analyze a text
- Identifying different lenses
- Understanding history behind lenses
- Plan/Organize writing
- Thesis statements
- Writing Questions- for formal writing/guiding writing
- Sentence Variety
- Incorporating evidence
- Socratic Circles
- Group Discussion