Seniors - College Application Checklist
- Meet with your School Counselor.
- Start drafts of your college essays.
- Continue to visit colleges you are interested in.
- Make a list or chart of your application deadlines.
- We recommend you apply to 4-6 schools.
- If you are applying for honors programs, they may have earlier deadlines.
- In Naviance Student, add schools to "Colleges I'm Applying To". You must put ALL colleges you are applying to into Naviance whether they are Common App, Coalition or school specific.
- For Common App - link your Common App to your Naviance Student Account.
- Request your high school transcript.
- In Naviance Student and you must also submit a signed transcript request form two weeks before your application deadline to the LCH Counseling Office.
- You will need 1 transcript request form per school.
- Ask teachers/coaches/mentors about writing a letter of recommendation.
- Remember to give your recommenders plenty of time to write the letter and remind them of your application deadlines.
- If you would like a letter from someone who does not work at LCH, have the recommender send their letter to your counselor.
- Send your SAT and/or ACT scores to the colleges you are applying to.
- File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- It is best to file as early as possible.
- Check and revise your applications and essays.
- Submit your applications.
- Write Thank you notes to those who wrote a letter of recommendation for you or helped with your applications.
- Start looking for and applying for scholarships.
- Mr. West in the Career Center can help you with this.
Last Modified on November 7, 2018