For both US History and US Government grading will as follows:
Summative Assessments - 100% of Quarterly Grades
1. Summative assessments
2. Long-term summative projects
3. No single assessment will count more than 20% of a student's quarterly grade
4. Students will have at least 5 grades per quarter
5. No grade below 50% will be given
Retakes - Students who earn an 80% or lower on an assessment will be given the opportunity to retake the assessment (a different version of the content) one time for a maximum grade of 80%.
1. Retake must be done within ONE CALENDAR WEEK of the assessment beginning entered in the gradebook.
2. Students must make arrangements with Mr.Bateman to take the retest BEFORE school.
3. A portfolio of ALL FULLY COMPLETED classwork related to that assessments content must be submitted to be eligible for the retake.
4. Only 1 retake per assessment will be given.
Per LCPS grading policy Quarterly Masterly Assessments will no longer be given.