The students at Heritage High School are a part of a diverse population that is prepared for future success in their post-secondary pursuits, ready to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century. Graduates of Heritage High school are productive citizens, strong in character and respect for others, making a positive impact in our school and community.
The mission of the Heritage High School Counseling Program is to provide all students with a comprehensive school counseling curriculum which encourages the highest level of student growth. Through a caring and engaging environment, school counselors foster academic, career and personal/social growth to reach the students within our diverse population. Collaborating with teachers, administrators, parents and the Heritage community, the school counselors help all students to be successful lifelong learners.The professional school counselors of Heritage High School believe:
· All students are worthy of being treated as individuals.
· Embracing our diversity will strengthen our school community.
· All students deserve a safe and caring environment in which to learn and grow.
· All students deserve equitable access to a rigorous academic curriculum.
· All students have the ability to learn.
· All students have the potential to become productive and contributing citizens.
· Collaboration with families, stakeholders, and community resources will assist student development.
· The school counselors will use data in a collaborative effort to design, implement, assess, and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
· The school counselors will abide by ASCA’s school counseling ethics.