Donated Leave Information
LEAVE DONATION PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
The Leave Donation Program allows employees to voluntarily donate a portion of their personal or annual leave (whole days only) to co-workers who have exhausted their own paid leave due to their own serious health condition as designated under the Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or School Board Policy and Regulation. This program enables employees to remain on leave with pay for a longer period of time.
SERIOUS HEALTH CONDITION
Means a physical or mental illness or injury, as certified by a licensed health care provider, of an employee that will require the employee to be absent on a consecutive or intermittent basis.
· An employee who is eligible to accrue and use paid leave.
· Leave taken under this program must qualify under FMLA or School Board Regulation for personal illness or injury and must be taken concurrently.
· All paid leave must be exhausted.
· This donation is only for the serious health condition of the employee.
· Recipient will receive information on how to apply for Leave Donations in the leave materials that will be sent to their home address.
· Recipient must have exhausted all paid leave.
· Recipient may use a maximum of 30 days of Donated Leave based on their regular contracted hours per day. This will be calculated on a “rolling” backward calendar year.
· Recipient must complete the leave paperwork in its entirety, including any medical certifications required.
· Recipient may be required to provide additional medical information as requested.
· Recipient must complete the Donated Leave Recipient Application form and submit to the Retirement & Disability Programs Office.
· Recipient requests are reviewed and approved by the Assistant Superintendent of Business and Financial Services or his/her designee.
· Donated leave shall be calculated by using a "rolling" 12-month period measured backward from the date the employee uses any days from this program.
· Donations are effective the next pay period after the donor and recipient forms are received and processed.
· Donors may donate up to 30 days of personal or annual leave to a specific employee.
· Donations must be in full day increments.
· Donations, once approved, are irrevocable.
· Donor must complete the donation paperwork in its entirety.
Leave Donation Program Forms: