All employees enrolled in the Virginia Retirement System Hybrid Plan are automatically enrolled in the Virginia Local Disability Plan. Highlights of the plan are below - this information is superseded by all information in the VLDP handbook.
Information, Resources and Forms
- You must be enrolled in the Hybrid plan for 1 calendar year (365 days) before you are eligible for benefits under VLDP.
- Benefits begin 7 calendar days after your date of disability is approved through Reed Group.
- Claims must be filed by the employee directly to Reed Group. Approval confirmation will be sent to the employee from Reed Group. They may be contacted at 877-928-7021.
- Payments are processed through LCPS payroll, on the normal payroll schedule.
- To keep your pay at 100% for as long as possible, LCPS will supplement the short-term disability benefit with 40% from your sick leave – until the disability period ends or your sick leave is exhausted.
Reed Group Contact Information:
P.O. Box 6248
Broomfield, CO 80021
Last Modified on June 16, 2020