PTA ELECTIONS>> OFFICER/CHAIR VOLUNTEER FORM <<It is time to elect Officers and identify Committee Chairs for the 2019-2020 school year.All positions are one (1) year terms and you are eligible to serve two (2) consecutive terms.PLEASE SUBMIT VOLUNTEER FORMS BY APRIL 12, 2019Here's how the election process works....WE FORM A COMMITTEE: A three person Nominating Committee is formed to interview (talk to) interested candidates. If you are interested in serving on the Nominating Committee, please attend the March PTA meeting and/or email President@HamiltonPTA.net. The Nominating Committee elects their own chair person and meets to discuss the candidates during March/April.NOMINATIONS & VOTE: At the April PTA Meeting, the Nominating Committee nominates ONE ideal candidate for each position. At the May PTA meeting we will take any additional nominations from the floor - and then take a general membership vote to elect our Officers for the coming school year.GET TO WORK: After the election, the Nominating Committee provides the incoming PTA Officers with the Committee Chair Volunteer Forms. The new PTA Officers will fill Committee positions in May/June to start planning for the coming school year.If you are interested....
Please complete a Officer/Committee Chair Volunteer Form on-line or complete the printable version. Email your completed Volunteer Form to Nominations@HamiltonPTA.net or send it to school in an envelope marked “PTA Nominations”. Please don't be shy about nominating yourself!! We all have unique skills to offer to our community, and it takes a village!Brief description of each Officer Position...For a full Officer Position descriptions and Committee Chair Responsibilities please read the By-Laws and Standing Rules.President
- Coordinate the work of the officers and committees to fulfill the mission of the PTA
- Ensure a calendar and budget are set for the coming year
- Preside over all Executive and General Membership meetings
- May participate in all committee meetings except the Nominations Committee
Vice President of Family Engagement
- Organize and oversee committees to build family engagement.
- Step-in in the event the President is unable to fulfill their duties.
- Responsibilities may include: Family Breakfasts, Reflections, Winter Craft Night, Bedtime Stories, STEAM Night, Staff Appreciation, Outdoor Beautification, WatchDOGS, 5th Grade Promotion etc.
Vice President of Fundraising
- Organize and oversee committees to raise funds to pay for family engagement and expenses identified by the school administration.
- Responsibilities may include: Box Tops, Store Rewards, Family Dance, Bingo, Taco/Spaghetti/Pancake Dinners, After School Activities, Corporate Sponsorships, Spirit Nights, Spirit Wear/Logo Items etc
- Responsible for writing checks, depositing money and balancing the PTA checking account every month
- Providing an accurate record of all expenditures and income
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of a budget
- Keep minutes at the executive board and general membership meetings
- Maintain the website, and ensure it is up-to date
- Ensure electronic and paper based files and archives are maintained