Loudoun County High School will be offering the following Dual Enrollment Classes:
- English 12 DE
- U.S. History DE
- AP Chemistry DE*
- AP Biology DE*
*Please note that the Dual Enrollment Biology and Chemistry are also AP courses. Student must choose now whether they will also enroll in DE.The transferability of a college course from one college to another for credit is determined by the receiving institution. This information may be found on most college and university websites or by contacting the admissions office. The dual enrollment classes listed above will be taught at Loudoun County High School. There are no costs to take these classes.
HOW TO ENROLL IN A DUAL ENROLLMENT CLASS
If your student has met with their counselor and added a Dual Enrollment class to their schedule, please follow the step below.
If you already have a NOVA ID, go directly to Step 2.
- Your student must apply to NOVA to receive a NOVA student ID. See NOVA Dual Enrollment Steps. This is the link: www.apply.vccs.edu.
- Now that you have a NOVA ID, please complete the online Dual Enrollment form: https://webinter.lcps.org/DualEnrollment/Splash. Once the form in complete, parents will receive an email to esign the form. The form is not complete until a parent has esigned.
- Dual Enrollment paperwork must be complete by May 15th.
- If a student does not complete their Dual Enrollment Course(s) paperwork by the deadline, they will be placed in an academic class.
- Please be aware that NOVA has changed the qualifying scores required. Testing, if required, will take place after you have completed the Dual Enrollment form. The School Counseling Staff will determine if your student needs to test.
Transcript RequestsVirginia Community College System (VCCS) Transfer Guides**These guides are meant to be used as a reference only. For the most accurate information always be sure to check with your advisor.
- English VPT Review
- English VPT Practice Instructions
- Accessing the FREE Online English VPT Practice Test
- Accessing the FREE Online Math VPT Practice Test
- Placement Test Handout