8th Grade End of the Year Activities
Plans for the 8th grade end of year events are underway!
- The 8th grade semi-formal dance will be held on Friday, June 5, 2020, from 7:00-9:30 pm in the Belmont Ridge main gymnasium.
- The 8th grade field day will be held on Thursday, June 4, 2020, from 9:00-2:00 at the Evergreen Mills Sportsplex.
- The 8th grade promotion and recognition ceremony will be held on Monday, June 8, 2020, at Riverside High School. The 8th grade promotion and recognition ceremony will begin at 7:00 pm.
In order to provide items such as decorations, DJ, and photo booth for the dance and transportation to and from Evergreen Mills Sportsplex, lunch during the field day, and rental of Evergreen Mills Sportsplex for the day, we will be collecting a $25 fee per child to cover all expenses. We will also be seeking volunteers and chaperones to assist with supervision during the dance and field day. More information, including permission forms and waivers, will be provided to students and parents after spring break. The 8th grade end of year events committee thanks you for your cooperation as your child's time in middle school comes to an end. Thank you for your continued support!
The 8th grade dance will be held on Friday, June 5, 2020, from 7:00-9:30 pm in the Belmont Ridge main gymnasium.
- All school rules apply for dances.
- Those attending dances are expected to wear appropriate attire.*See below
- Inappropriate dancing will not be allowed.
- Students should be picked up immediately following the dance at 9:30 p.m.
- A permission form must be turned in on or before the due date. No permission slips will be accepted at the door.
- School administration reserves the right to deny entrance to the dance and/or ask any dance participant to leave.
- All shirts, sweaters, dresses and blouses need to cover the midriff and chest area
- See-through clothing and swim attire is inappropriate.
- All shorts, skirts and dresses should be an appropriate length.
- Clothing should fit appropriately. Clothing that is skin-tight or low cut is not appropriate.
- Pants should be an appropriate length, worn at the waist, and not drag on the ground.
- Clothing that degrades or offends any person’s, gender, culture, religion, or occupation is unacceptable.
- Additionally, clothing with offensive or inappropriate language, written or implied, is inappropriate.
Join our Facebook group! Search for "RVHS Class of 2024" and request to join. This will provide a way for us at the school to communicate information to you...and you, as 8th grade parents, to ask questions when you have them. We will not communicate anything exclusively on Facebook (all communications will be available to parents on the website, thru Remind, or via Connect Ed). If you have any questions regarding the 8th grade celebration and events please contact 8th grade Dean Mr. Skinner at f.michael.Skinner@lcps.org, House A Secretary Kiana Cuebas at Kiana.Cuebas@lcps.org, or Parent Liaison Susan Ferguson at Susan.Ferguson@lcps.org.