Welcome Letter 2019-2020
Welcome Cyclones to the 2019-2020 school year!
As we begin our new school year, we welcome you to our team. As you may know, teaming is designed to facilitate the unique educational, social, and emotional needs of each middle school student. Our team consists of a core group of academic teachers, learning specialists, a counselor, and a dean. Your team teachers are as follows:
Mr. Swartz - Dean
Mrs. Kole - Counselor
Mrs. Gould - Physical Science
Ms. Malli - Learning Specialist
Mrs. Martinez - English
Mrs. Reedy - Civics and Economics
Cyclone Team Objectives:
- Create an environment in which students feel supported, safe, and encouraged in reaching their individual potential.
- Establish organized skills, including time management.
- Integrate curriculum in content areas.
- Encourage open communication between teachers, students, and their families.
- Attendance is important. Under block scheduling, attendance is an essential key for success. Missing one block is equal to missing two to three days on a traditional schedule.
- Completing assignments on time is critical to academic success. Refer to LCPS policy regarding late work. Late projects will be accepted, but with a reduction in points.
- Retake - please refer to LCPS policy regarding retakes on summative assignment.
- For projects, seek help early and not on the due date.
- All school rules will be followed. Refer to Student Handbook.
Cyclone Team Rules:
- Be There - be on time to all classes and be ready to learn
- Be Ready - bring all necessary supplies: pencil or pen, agenda and notebook/binder
- Be Kind - respect your fellow students and yourself