LCPS Electronic Flyer Distribution Practices
The purpose of the digital distribution of electronic flyers (eflyers) by Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) is to replace the prior practice of sending printed, paper flyers to parents and guardians in student backpacks. While the public, including students, may also access the flyers from an LCPS webpage, the sole purpose of eflyer distribution is to provide a means of communicating LCPS school flyers, flyers submitted by certain government organizations and flyers submitted by qualifying community groups to parents and guardians of LCPS students. Parents are automatically sent the eflyers for their school and the division-wide flyers.
LCPS began the use of the Peachjar platform for (eflyer) distribution to school communities in October 2016. The Loudoun County School Board reviewed and endorsed the practice of distributing flyers electronically in March 2020, and LCPS published regulations to govern the practice. Important additional information about the program is included in the regulations.
LCPS distributes approved eflyers from qualifying community nonprofit organizations on Friday of each week. Eflyers from LCPS central offices are distributed on Tuesdays. School flyers are distributed on days chosen by each school principal.
Qualifying Community Organizations
The following groups are eligible to distribute eflyers through the eflyer distribution system provided they otherwise meet the purpose of these regulations and do not contain prohibited subject matters:
- LCPS and LCPS schools (including charter schools, school parent-teacher associations/organizations or booster clubs). Charter schools, parent teacher associations/organizations and booster clubs are considered as part of LCPS for the purposes of these regulations.
- Curricular and non-curricular student clubs/activities sponsored by the school are also considered as part of the school for the purposes of these regulations.
- Federal, Commonwealth of Virginia, and local governmental units within Loudoun County.
- Youth athletic organizations that are registered with the Virginia State Corporation Commission or the IRS as a nonprofit.
- Youth development nonprofit organizations with an office in Loudoun or Fairfax Counties that are registered as a nonprofit with the Virginia State Corporation Commission or the IRS.
- Nonprofit cultural arts organizations offering youth-focused learning opportunities or performances.
- Private nonprofit K12-focused educational organizations.
- Nonprofit childcare providers.
- Colleges and universities offering K12-focused educational opportunities.
Qualifying community organizations that wish to request approval of an eflyer for distribution should follow the steps below. Once approved, your eflyer will be emailed to all LCPS parents and posted online. Paper flyers are not accepted for distribution.
- Visit the Peachjar website
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type)
- Upload your eflyer for approval
Peachjar charges a fee for this service. LCPS does not receive any fees for using the Peachjar platform.
When submitted, your eflyer will be automatically provided to LCPS for review. LCPS will review the material and approve or deny based on the requirements described in the governing regulations.
All flyers submitted for approval must display the following disclaimer on each page of the submission:
“This activity is not sponsored or endorsed by Loudoun County Public Schools.”
The statement should be clearly visible and not hidden or difficult to read. Materials that do not include this disclaimer on the eflyer when it is submitted for approval will be rejected and will not be distributed.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at an LCPS school, please contact your sponsoring school’s principal for information about distributing flyers to your school community.
Questions about Peachjar?
For questions or more information on the eflyer process, contact the Communications and Community Engagement Office at 571-252-1040.