PTA Mission StatementThe Forest Grove Elementary PTA, located in Sterling, Virginia, is a local PTA organized under the authority of the Virginia Congress of Parents and Teachers (the Virginia PTA/PTSA), a branch of the National Congress of Parents and Teachers (the National PTA). The Objects of the Forest Grove Elementary PTA, in common with those of the Virginia PTA/PTSA and the National PTA, are:
- To promote the welfare of children and youth at home, school, community, and places of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
At Forest Grove, we specifically try to provide a sense of community within our school through programs and events designed to bring families and friends together.
Our annual budget is developed with these goals in mind. We use fundraising, membership, and donations as our sources of income. This money is used to sponsor family events, educational assemblies, student recognition, staff appreciation and many other needs that arise throughout the year.
In addition to this, we also rely on volunteers to fulfill the needs of our staff, faculty, and the PTA in order to successfully accomplish our goals.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PTA BYLAWSAs required by National PTA, the Forest Grove Elementary PTA Bylaws were reviewed, updated, and approved in 2017
By-laws must be revised and adopted every five years.
Last Modified on April 25, 2018