2021 Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s Schools (SRGS) https://www.lcps.org/Page/211705
Are you currently a high school sophomore or junior? If so, you should consider applying to the 2021 Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s Schools.
The Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s Schools are approximately four weeks long and are held each summer on various college and university campuses throughout Virginia. The Governor’s Schools offer students a unique opportunity to work and study not only with other students with similar talents and interests but also with mentors, professors, scientists, and other professionals in their field of interest.
The following Summer Residential Governor’s Schools will be offered in 2021 (pending issues related to COVID-19):
- Agriculture (held at Virginia Tech)
- Humanities (held at Radford University)
- Math, Science, and Technology (held at the University of Lynchburg)
- Visual and Performing Arts (held at Radford University)
And Mentorships in:
- Marine Science (held at Christopher Newport University/VIMS)
- Medicine and Health Sciences (held at VCU)
- Engineering (held at Christopher Newport University/Jefferson Lab)
LCPS students must apply through their home high schools. Students may apply to only one Governor’s School. School divisions select the students they nominate for the state level application process.
LCPS students interested in the 2021 Visual and Performing Arts Governor’s School must attend a local preliminary audition for selection to attend the state level audition. The 2021 LCPS Preliminary Audition will be VIRTUAL.
Visual and Performing Arts Applicants:
- The deadline to register for the VIRTUAL Preliminary Audition is October 20, 2020. Please complete the Registration Form found here:
- Once you register, you will receive an email with a link to our VPA Governor’s School Schoology course. All the information you need to audition is in the course.
- You do not need to complete an application before the LCPS Preliminary Audition but you do need to register!
- LCPS Preliminary Audition Requirements are found here:
- Please read them carefully as you prepare for your audition.
- If you are selected for the state auditions you will need to apply for the Visual and Performing Arts Governor’s School. If you are not selected for the state auditions, you may apply to a different Governor’s School.
If you wish to apply, please read the LCPS application instructions found here: How to Apply
The Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s School website should update on October 2, 2020. Please do not begin the application process until the 2021 applications appear on the website. The link to the website is: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/instruction/governors_school_programs/summer_residential/index.shtml.
Student/Parent Handout (Quick Reference Document for 2021 SRGS)