Why Join the PTA?
The Harmony Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) invites you to become an involved member of our organization. As you know, our PTA plays a vital role at Harmony. Your participation and financial support provide our students with many exciting and challenging programs that would not be available without your support of the PTA. Additionally, becoming a member gives you a powerful voice for all Harmony students and provides a new perspective on our program! The PTA at Harmony is a way to create a team of parents and teachers committed to an excellent education for all our Harmony Hornets!
Join the PTA today via our MemberHub online store!
Membership is $15 per family
or $10 for individual
Join the PTA today!
Through our new online store you can:
- View information of parents, students, and faculty in the portal
- Connect with parents, faculty/staff from any computer or smart phone
- Purchase your PTA membership, Spirit Wear or donate to the PTA
- Access our PTA calendar
Use the following link to sign up:
If you prefer to send in a check or cash, please complete this form Return form and payment to your student's House Secretary in an envelope marked “PTA”.
Your membership will automatically add your email address to our PTA mailing list, which we use to send out our weekly newsletter, The Hornets' Nest, as well as updates about events and programs being sponsored or run by the PTA. It is the best way to staff informed about what's going on at Harmony!
Some events & programs sponsored/supported/run by the PTA:
- Odyssey of the Mind (membership, state and national tournaments)
- Fall Fundraiser
- Family Fun Night
- Active member of Loudoun Education Alliance of Parents (LEAP)
- Student Scholarships for Field Trips, Supplies and Clubs
- Financial assistance to every Teacher and Staff in the school
- Largest periodic table activity for 6th graders
- Purchase of new Social Studies textbooks for 6th graders
- Faculty goodwill/donations
- School Box Express
- Membership directory
- Box Tops PTA rewards program
- Grocery store school rewards programs
- 8th Grade End of Year Celebration
- 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Field Days
- Landscaping for front of School
- Operation of the School Store
- Spirit Wear sales
- Family Arts & Empty Cup Night
- Woodgrove HS Project Graduation/After-grad party
- Mosby Heritage presentation for 6th grade History students
- Teacher & Staff Welcome Back Breakfast
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
- WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) program
- Positive Behavior Rewards (Hornet High Five) Program
Why Join the PTA?
Enjoy the Benefits: The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Every membership counts: Not only will you join the HMS PTA, you become a member of the Virginia PTA and the National PTA.
- Virginia PTA Benefits: Are you aware of the many great benefits that you get for just being a member? See the Virginia PTA webpage to find out about special discounts your PTA membership includes.
- National PTA Benefits: Check out the National PTA webpage for details about their benefits.
- Get Connected: There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources: The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network: Parenting is not easy—it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Please contact Melissa Simpson if you have any questions.
Please join us!