PTA Read-a-thonIn an effort to further improve family engagement in education while encouraging a love of reading, Mountain View & Mountain View's PTA have just kicked off the single biggest fundraiser of the year ~ a Read-a-thon!" Our goal is to raise $12,000 this year, and if everyone raises $35 we can do it!" This fundraiser will run from 9/16 - 10/4. It is easy to donate online to support your student:
- Go to: https://mtvreads2019.myevent.com/
- Click on “Sponsor a Student”
- Enter your student’s unique code– you received this in your green folder
- Alternatively, you can search your student’s full first name and select your student from the list.
- Students read (or are read to) 1 hour per day for 10 days during school
To donate with cash or check, use the pdf donation form. The money raised from the Read-a-Thon will be used for student and staff programs and services such as technology, special assemblies, after-school activities, author visits, supplementary classroom supplies, field trips, teacher grants, memorable family events like a Monster Mash dance and Spring Carnival!
Through the read-a-thon, students receive:
- Excellent reading practice
- 1 raffle ticket for the Teacher/Staff experience for every $1 raised
- Fun weekly competitions
- School-wide spirit days
If you want to reach out to family and friends, feel free to use this email template:
Dear Family and Friends,
Our school is participating in a read-a-thon. This is a great way to support my school, and I will be reading for 10 hours (1 hour per day for 10 days). I really need all my friends and family to support me. Please go to www.mtvreads2019.myevent.com and enter this code to donate online.
INSERT CODE FROM STUDENT FLIER
Thank you so much for your support!
The Mountain View PTA and School Teachers and Staff thank you for your support! If you have any questions, please contact Beth Strausbaugh at email@example.com.