Marching Band Tryouts are THIS WEEK on Thursday, 5/30 from 6:00 - 9:00 PM and Saturday, 6/1 from 1:00 - 7:00 PM:
- Please fill out this RSVP Form in advance if you plan to attend: https://forms.gle/bb893fLWAWsdg5xs5
- Prospective candidates must attend both sessions.
- Read over the Handbook thoroughly in advance to make sure you can commit to all required rehearsal and performance dates and to familiarize yourself with policies and procedures: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1etfCmzSvuThGkZLuW32VWM7Aj-3r7Ha09ftsBV0Lgtc/edit?usp=sharing
- Wear comfortable, athletic-type clothing and sneakers.
- Bring the following:
- Everyone: A water bottle ot jug
- Flutes: A flute
- Clarinets: A clarinet
- Bass Clarinets: A bass clarinet and a saxophone neck strap. If you use a JMLMS bass clarinet, please bring it if you can. If you are not able to, bring your mouthpiece and a neck strap. If you do not have a neck strap, we may have one you can borrow until you get one.
- Saxophones: A saxophone. If you use a JMLMS saxophone, please bring it if you can. If you are not able to, bring your mouthpiece and a neck strap.
- Trumpets: A trumpet
- F Horn/Mellophone: A mouthpiece. You do not need to bring an instrument.
- Baritone/Euphonium/Trombone: A LARGE SHANK mouthpiece if you have one. If you do not have one, we have a few to borrow. You do not need to bring an instrument.
- Tuba: A mouthpiece.
- Percussion: Nothing. Everything will be provided.
- Colorguard: Nothing. Everything will be provided.
- DRUM MAJORS AND BRASS/WOODWIND SECTION CAPTAINS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON WEDNESDAY, 5/29 AT 9:00 AM IN THE BAND ROOM and a list will be posted shortly thereafter. Rank leaders will be announced after Marching Band Tryouts this weekend once we know how many we need.
2019-2020 Marching Band Handbook - Contains the following:
- Past accomplishments and performance videos
- Tryout information
- Full-Season Calendar
- Policies and Procedures
- Student Leadership Information
Please read over the Handbook before tryouts and committing to memberhsip
2019-2020 Band Overview - Contains information about next year's band classes and co-curricular opportunities including a tentative Marching Band schedule