WELCOME TO ALL OF THE NEW AND RETURNING MEMBERS OF THE RIVERSIDE GUITAR PROGRAM!
Required Performances and Rehearsals FOR ALL RVHS GUITARISTS
- Rehearsal for Fall Chamber Concert: TUES. Oct. 15, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Fall Chamber Concert: RVHS LIBRARY, THURS. Oct.17, 7:00 p.m. Arrive by 6pm.
- Rehearsal for Winter Orchestra & Guitar with BEMS: MONDAY, Dec. 9th 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Winter Orchestra & Guitar with BEMS: RVHS Auditorium, TUESDAY, Dec.10, 7:00 p.m. ARRIVE BY 6PM
- Cluster Concert: TUESDAY, MARCH 31, RVHS main Gym Students arrive by 5:00 for combined rehearsal, audience: 6:30 pm
- Rehearsal for Spring Concert: RVHS Auditorium, May 13, 4-5:30 pm
- Spring Concert: RVHS Auditorium, May 14, 7:00p.m. ARRIVE BY 6PM
- Pop-Up Concerts will be scheduled throughout the school year for solo and small ensemble performance opportunities
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES FOR ARTIST GUITAR
- MORNING REHEARSALS AS NEEDED TO PREPARE FOR CONCERTS AND ASSESSMENT TBD
- ALL COUNTY GUITAR ASSESSMENT EVENTS: FRIDAY EVENING, MARCH 6TH (location tba)AND SATURDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 7TH (PFHS)
Rehearsal Contract for Guitar! Riverside High School, Leesburg Va.
Teacher: Romana Hartmetz e-mail: Romana.Hartmetz@lcps.org phone: 703/ 554-8900
Dear Parent and Student,
All Guitar students are required to follow these procedures for a successful rehearsal. The Quarterly Rehearsal Grade is an ongoing assessment which will begin on the 3rd week of school and is adjusted based upon the criteria below. The student’s rehearsal grade accounts for 30% of their total grade each quarter. Four Rehearsal Grades are given during the year, one for each quarter.
The requirements for rehearsal are:
Students will bring book to class every day. TBA
Students will bring ensemble music every day.
Students will bring 3 ring binder, pencil, working tuner and footstool to class every day.
Students will show evidence of practice ( 20 min. / night)
Students will stay on task during rehearsal.
Student will play the assigned music during class at the assigned times.
Students will talk using a conversational voice only during independent and small group practice, not during instruction or rehearsal.
Students will follow the guidelines for care and maintenance of the school guitar that is assigned to them.
Students will follow the STOPLIGHT policy for use of electronic devices in the classroom.
Other guidelines that the instructor deems necessary for the success of the student and the ensemble.
Repeated failure to do so will result in any or all of the consequences below:
Lowered rehearsal grade
Loss of guitar playing privileges
Required and graded written assignments for remediation
I __________________________ HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CLASS REQUIREMENTS.
Student name (print) ___________________________________Student signature_______________________Block ___
Parent name (print) _____________________ Parent signature ______________________________________________
Home Phone ________________ cell Phone ____________ e-mail ______________