Click the link below to open the Classroom and Procedures DocumentCLASSROOM PRACTICES AND EXPECTATIONS
I am very excited to be teaching business education at Briar Woods. The following practices and expectations apply to all of my business classes. After reading this sheet, complete the attachment as your first assignment. I am looking forward to a great year. Go Falcons!
- It is expected that students will abide by all policies of Loudoun County Public Schools and Briar Woods High School. These policies will be enforced in business classes.
- Cell phones are NOT permitted in class – EVER! If I see a cell phone out, it will go directly to the office. There is no need for BYOD in the computer lab. Your device will be a computer provided to you. If you have an emergency and need to make a call – ask me, I will certainly let you call in case of emergency.
- The computer is used extensively in business courses; inappropriate use of the computers or Internet will not be tolerated. Students who cannot conduct themselves appropriately will lose computer privileges and be given alternate assignments.
- Limited snacks and drinks are allowed in the business classroom, at the discretion of the teacher.
- Be in your seat and ready to work when the bell rings.
- Listen and follow directions the first time given.
- Use and treat the computers and Internet appropriately.
Adhere to the Honor Code and behave ethically at all times.
- Be TRUE: Trustworthy, Respectful, United, and Excellent!
ABSENCES AND MAKE-UP WORK
- Students with an excused absence will be allowed the same number of days to make up work as the number of days excused. Students who have an excused absence on the due date of an assignment are expected to turn in the assignment upon return to class.
- Assignments missed due to long term illnesses and absences will be coordinated between the teacher and the student.
- It is the responsibility of the student to arrange for all make-up work. Missed quizzes or tests must be made up within one week; students may utilize the testing center during their study hall to make up quizzes or tests.
- Professionalism is paramount in the business program. Students are expected to present themselves professionally at all times. Profanity is not tolerated. Disparaging remarks towards other students will not be tolerated.
- Respectful attitudes are required. This means respectfulness towards the teacher, towards other students, and towards all guests and substitute teachers.
GRADING AND LATE WORKA variety of assessments will be used to determine grades. Grades will be based upon a combination of
- Work Ethic
Any project or class assignment that is not completed and submitted by the due date will result in a loss of points for that assignment.
- § Students will be given every opportunity to succeed. However, disruptive or disrespectful behavior will be handled as follows:
o 1st offense – Verbal reminder of expectation
o 2nd offense – Phone call home to discuss issue with parent or guardian
o 3rd offense – Referral to administration and phone call home
§ I will be posting assignments and other information on Phoenix as well as my CMS Website. Students and parents will both have access to Phoenix and will be able to view the class calendar. Phoenix will be updated weekly.
§ Students that are experiencing any difficulties in class are strongly encouraged to meet with me. I am always available to discuss assignments, grades, or general concerns. If you communicate with me and work with me, we can find a solution to any problem!
§ Parents are also welcome to contact me at any time. I can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school at (703) 957-4400. I will make every effort possible to answer emails within 24 hours.