Welcome to the Riverside High School Library Media Center!We're so glad you're here!The RVHS Library Media Center is the heart of our school. It's a great place for students to learn and collaborate, to create and share, and to spend time with friends. We hope you will visit us often!Hours: 7:45 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - FridayLibrary Assistant: Kacie MitchellPhone Number: 703-554-8900Info:
· Open 7:45 am – 4:30 pm every day
· Available for students during study halls
· Computers and printers are available for student use throughout the day
· Makerspace materials (paper, pens, glue, copier, etc., depending on availability)
· Open check-out of books throughout the day (parents are also welcome to check out books)
· Assistance from librarians as needed (research, homework, computers, etc.)Comments, Questions, SuggestionsWe want to hear from our school community! If you have ideas to share, book recommendations, questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our librarians, Lauren McBride or Kelly McNeil.Navigating our Web PageThe content of outside links is not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of our school's Technology Assistant. Remember that the outside source Web pages may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.Requests for ReconsiderationObjections to instructional materials shall be considered objectively under the procedure set for in Loudoun County Public Schools' Regulations for the Selection and Review of Library Instructional Materials. The principle of intellectual freedom inherent in the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, the best interests of the students, school, curriculum, and requirements of state laws and regulations shall underlie all considerations of all challenged materials. An online Reconsideration of Instructional Materials Request can be found HERE.Library HelpersLibrary Helpers are assigned to the library during their study hall blocks. They typically assist with shelving books, straightening shelves, helping with library organization, and helping students sign in and out of the library. Students who are interested in being a Library Helper must get approval from the librarians, their school counselor, and their parents. Please stop by the library for a Library Helper form if you are interested.