The College Achievement & Multicultural Program for Unique Students (CAMPUS) is an academic and college preparation initiative which began in the spring of 2002 that currently serves over 600 students in grades 9-12. CAMPUS is a high school college access program designed to remove barriers and/or meet the specific needs of first-generation college-bound students attending Loudoun County Public Schools. (LCPS)
CAMPUS seeks to provide support and encouragement to students who demonstrate the ability to achieve academic success and college admission. Admission to and graduation from college are among the goals of the CAMPUS Program. Students must commit to attending mandatory CAMPUS meetings and/or classes during the school day and CAMPUS activities throughout the year. Parents are also an integral part of CAMPUS and its success, and are welcome to participate in program initiatives throughout the school year.
Students may apply to the program in the spring of their 8th grade year, or if space is available, during the school year of grades 9 - 11. An online application can be obtained through our CAMPUS website. Students must submit a completed online application and one recommendation to be considered for the program.
CAMPUS supports students through:
- Academic enrichment and support
- Self-advocacy skills development
- College and university visits
- College and scholarship preparation
- Intentional course selection
- Community service projects and activities
CAMPUS Selection Process:
- Priority will be given to students who would be the first in their family to attend and/or graduate from a college or university
- Strong consideration will be given to families that may be considered socioeconomically disadvantaged
- Consideration is given to students who come from a historically underrepresented population
The application portal will open this year January 9, 2023 and will close March 17, 2023.
8th grade students will hear information about CAMPUS during the Heritage High School Counselor visit on January 30, 2023. There will also be a parent coffee on CAMPUS at 9:30am on January 30, 2023.
More information can be found on the LCPS CAMPUS website: LCPS CAMPUS Website