Counselors work with students in one of three domains.
- Program of Studies: A document that outlines the middle school curricula
- Course selection
- Planning a course of studies
- Promoting achievement
- Assist students in exploring careers on the internet through Naviance
- Feel free to access this site at home. Note that it contains many links to other sites containing more specific information. Be sure to monitor your child's activity.
- Students will identify what Career Cluster matches with their skills and interests, learn about realistic cost of living and how to plan a budget, and continue to discover what their strengths are as it pertains to applying to appropriate college majors and work life post-high school.
- Host a Career Exploration Day in the spring of odd numbered years. About forty presenters share their experiences as workers.
- Assist students in maintaining positive relationships with others
- Promote resiliency in students
- Coordinate the Violence Prevention Program
- Assist parents' understanding of adolescence
- Able to connect students and parents to community resources
- Promote awareness of opportunities for volunteerism.