Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to 4th Grade at Madison's Trust Elementary School! I am so excited to meet you all. I will be teaching Reading, Writing, and Science, while my teammate Mr. Andrews will be teaching Math and Virginia Studies this year. I come from Southern California and thus enjoy all things outside. I especially enjoy long walks with my husband and our two golden retrievers, traveling to see and learn, as well as gardening, and yoga. My favorite reflective activities include reading, writing, and painting. I can’t wait to get started. We’re going to have a wonderful year! Go Mighty Macaws!
Mrs. Polk’s Educational Journey
• Mrs. Polk received a BA from the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA).
• Upon graduating she entered the aerospace industry in engineering business.
• She worked on everything from military & commercial aviation to the International Space Station.
• There, teaching and mentoring were always an integral part of her career.
• So after acquiring a Masters of Education at Pepperdine University in Southern California, she began to teach school children.
Mrs. Polk finds teaching children to be the most rewarding. Importantly, inspiration, discovery and curiosity shall always guide her purpose.
- CLAD (Cross-cultural, Language and Academic Development) Certificate
- Virginia English Second Language (ESL) Endorsement