Assistive Technology Workshops
Designed for your school – Delivered at your schoolEvery student has the right to be as successful as possible. There are strategies and tools available within your school and on the Internet that can help students develop to their full potential. Allow us to share the power of these tools and strategies through our Assistive Technology Workshops.
Participants will receive tech integration compensation and staff development hours for attending these after school workshops, with additional opportunities to earn staff development hours through extension activities. The target audience for all AT workshops is special education staff and general education staff who work with students with disabilities, but any staff member may attend.
Here is a sampling of AT workshops that we have recently offered:
- All That Glitters: Read&Write Gold Reading, Writing, and Research Tools
- Digital Portfolios: Transforming Assessment and Changing Perspectives
- Fabricate Fabulous Foldables
- File Folder Games, Data Sheets, and Shoebox Work Tasks, OH MY!
- I Didn’t Know It Did That! Accessible Tools Built Into MS Word
- If You Adapt It, They Will Read It: Making Books Accessible
- Mathem(AT)ics: Integrating AT in Math Instruction
- Powering Up With PowerPoint: Accessible Tools Built into PowerPoint
- Sizzlin’ Science: Hot Tips to Make Science Accessible to All
- Symbolize Your Classroom with Boardmaker
- Taking AIM at Accessible Instructional Materials
- Tools Bonanza: Web-Based Resources
- Core Vocabulary: Language Development and AAC
- The Art of Creating Made Possible with Adapted Repurposed Tool (ART) Kits!
- Full STEAM Ahead: Making Science-Technology-Engineering-Arts-Mathematics Education Accessible To All
Contact us to customize an AT workshop to meet your staff’s needs!
LCPS staff should register for workshops online at www.mylearningplan.com. If you do not have a My Learning Plan account or have questions about accessing your account, contact Staff Development at 571-252-1459.
Parents of students receiving special education services are welcome. To attend workshops, if space is available, contact the Assistive Technology Office at 571-252-2111 to register.Contact LCPS AT about this web page