Catoctin's BYOT Policies and Procedures
In addition to Loudoun County Public School's Acceptable Use Policy, Catoctin Elementary School has set forth additional procedures specific to the Catoctin Community. All students and families are expected to adhere to these procedures when participating in the BYOT initiative.
- Students may only access use of their own devices. They are not permitted to access others' devices, except for viewing purposes only.
- Students without a device will be provided with a school-owned device.
- Devices may only be used for teacher-directed, instructional purposes.
- There are no restrictions on what type of device a student may bring, but it must meet the instructional criteria (specific apps, programs, etc.) set forth by the teacher.
- Devices must come to school fully charged and in working order. If the device does not meet this criteria, a school-owned device will be supplied.
- Devices that are not in use will be turned off and stored in backpacks during the school day, to include bus rides to and from school.
- Protective cases are highly encouraged.
- Teachers are required to lock classroom doors when left unsupervised.
- Devices not functioning properly will not be handled by any LCPS personnel. These devices will be secured in the student's backpack, and a working, school-owned device will be provided.
- Students will access the wireless internet through "LCPS-Open".
- In addition to these school-wide policies and procedures, classroom teachers may have their own policies that dictate proper use of devices in their classrooms.
***Please note that these policies and procedures are subject to change.