Student Personal Devices PolicyThe use of a personal device in my classroom is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT. I will allow the use of personal devices ONLY for academic purposes and ONLY at my discretion.Your responsibilities for your personal device include:
You should ask my permission if you would like to use your personal device for an academic purpose outside of a classroom activity (i.e. taking pictures of the daily agenda or homework assignments).Depending on the circumstances, inappropriate use of a personal device may result in:
- Sending or displaying school-appropriate content on your device
- Storing it in your backpack or locker on silent or “Do Not Disturb” mode when not using it
- Protecting it with a case
- Labeling it with your name (so it can be returned if lost)
- Charging it at home
- A request to store your device in your backpack.
- A clinic on appropriate use of personal devices.
- Having your device temporarily confiscated.