- Who is the main character?
- What was the setting of the story?
- What was the problem in the story and how was it solved?
- What do you predict will happen next inthe story?
- Why do you think the author chose the title of the story?
- Do you like the title of the story? Why or why not?
- Can you think of a differnet title for the story?
- Which character from the story woulf you choose to be yor friend? Why?
- What part of the story was the most exciting?
- Did you like the end? Why or why not?
Questions to ask while reading non-fiction text:
- What is the main idea?
- What did you learn from reading the text?
- Are there any words that you do not know what they mean?
- What are some new words that you learned?
- Do yo have any questions after reading this?
- Were there any important features (charts, diagrams, pictures)?
- Where could you find more information about this topic?
- Did you like this text? Why or why not?
In first grade at Creighton's Corner we write in the D'Nealian style. Pictured below is an alphabet written in D'Nealian for you to refer to.