Grading and Retake Policy
The 7th grade English department grading policy is that summative assignments, such as unit tests, count for 90% of the grade, and formative assignments, such as homework/classwork practice, quizzes, and checkpoints, count for 10% of the grade.
Summative tests may be eligible for retakes based on the following requirements.
English Retake Requirements:
Students may be eligible for a retake if they receive an overall summative assessment score of 79% or below.
Overall summative assessment scores of 79% or below = Students have the option to retake section(s) of the test if they meet all of the conditions listed below.
Overall summative assessment score of 80% or above (C, B or A) = No Retake.
Conditions for retake:
- All classwork, homework, study guides, and other assignments fully completed
- Test retake form signed by parent
- Test corrections/re-teaching must be completed and mistakes will be analyzed according to teacher direction, by agreed upon deadline
- Any other requirements from the teacher
- The teacher and student may make a plan for revisiting which could include: during class, sessions before or after school, during resource, or with another English teacher.
The highest grade attained can be no more than 80%.