Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Education-Elementary Education from California University of Pennsylvania Master of Science in Reading and Language Arts Education--Reading Specialist Program from Duquesne University
Miss Hillary Drumheller
Welcome Pinebrook Readers!
My name is Miss Drumheller and this is my first year as a Reading Specialist at Pinebrook. Many of you already know me from my classroom teaching roles in 1st and 4th grade. I am very excited for this transition into this new role! I am most looking forward to supporting students in the classroom and small groups, as well as, supporting classroom teachers with literacy instruction.
I hope you have an AWESOME school year!
Below are some ways in which you can support your child's literacy development at home:
1. Read for 15-20 minutes each night
2. Practice sight words
3. Practice comprehension skills by answering questions about the book/text
4. Have your child practice common writing skills (making a to-do list, help with making the grocery list, daily journal, etc.)
5. Read a variety of texts across multiple genres
6. Reread familiar texts to practice fluency