Volunteer Needs for the 2020-2021 School YearThere are many volunteer opportunities at FSMS that fit into your schedule! You can choose the days and times that work for you. Specific volunteer needs include:
- Falcon's Nest: Assist with school store sales from 8:00-8:30am
- Office Help: Assist front office secretaries from 8:00-9:00 am
- Library Helper: Assist the librarians with shelving and restocking books
- Book Fair: Assist with set up, sales, displays, and pack up
- Picture Day: Assist with taking students to and from photo location, and paperwork
- Spirit Wear: Assist Chairperson with sales and distribution
- BOX TOPS for education collections: Position can be done at home
- General: Provide help on varied projects when available
- Committee Chair Positions Available See Descriptions Below
Committee Chairs Needed for the 2020-2021 School Year
Front Office Lead- This position is most needed in the beginning of the school year. Most of the responsibilites are taken care of in early August-early September. This person is responsible for recruiting and training volunteers to help in the front office staff each morning from 8-9am. This person also sets a schedule for the volunteers for the school year.
Fundraiser Lead- This position is flexible. All fundraising events can be set up before the school year starts, or monthly as the year goes on. It is up to the chair person as to their preference. This person is responsible for contacting businesses (we have a list) to set up Spirit Nights. This person then confirms dates as they approach, and follows up to collect payment (donation). Promotion of each Spirit Night is also a part of this position.
Volleyball Game Chair(s)-This position is mostly focused in late October-mid January. This person(s) will need to promote the artwork contest in October. Students submit artwork to be featured on posters and shirts for the event. This person(s) will need to coordinate with the volleyball chair person from Trailside to make the event a success. Promotion of the game, ticket and spirit sales (at the event), and coordination between Trailside and Broad Run HS will be required. The game is typically in January.
If interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
Visit the Signup.com link below to volunteer for other specific upcoming events.