The Spartan Writing Center is a welcoming and empowering resource devoted to fostering student growth and improving the quality of all kinds of writing. Through one on one sessions, we provide beneficial feedback that extends beyond the classroom. Writing Center tutors are ready to edit, revise, and build confidence in each writer’s unique piece and individual voice.Whether this is your first visit or you have been in the Writing Center many times before, we have put together the following lists so you know what to expect during your visit.The Writing Center will:
The Writing Center will not:
- Be a helpful, welcoming, bustling place for writers of all abilities to bring their writing for conferences 15-20 minutes in length.
- Provide non-judgmental assistance during any phase of the writing process.
- Focus on bigger issues, such as structure, organization, and content before smaller issues, such as grammar and syntax—unless students or teachers request specific help.
- Allow you to eat your lunch as you conference.
- Ask you to read your paper aloud.
Please remember that each student will get what he or she puts into the Writing Center tutoring session. If students ask questions and are engaged in the process, the tutor will have much more to work with. If you are mentally absent from your conference, you will likely come away with minimal writing help.The Writing Center can be found in room 202 during third and seventh blocks. We look forward to working with you!If you have questions or comments, please contact Rita Nordenman.
- Return papers without a verbal conference.
- Write on your paper for you.
- Complete your paper for you.
- Allow you to bypass the work of editing, revising, and drafting that will make your piece of writing great.
Last Modified on September 15, 2017