What is a Parent Liaison? / ¿Qué es un Enlace Escolar-Familiar?
A Parent Liaison is a parent just like you that is employed part time by LCPS. / Un Enlace Escolar-Familiar es un padre como usted que estáempleado parte del tiempo por las Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Loudoun (LCPS).
What is the mission of the Parent Liaison? / ¿Cuál es la misión del Enlace Escolar-Familiar?
The mission of the Parent Liaison is to empower parents by assisting with communication between school and home while positively influencing student achievement. The Parent Liaison helps parents get the information and support they need to help their children to be academically and socially successful in school. / La misión del Enlace Escolar es habilitar a los padres asistiéndolos con la comunicación entre la casa y la escuela y al mismo tiempo promoviendo el logro académico. El Enlace Escolar ayuda a los padres a obtener la información y la ayuda que ellos necesitan para ayudar a sus hijos a tener éxito académico y social en la escuela.
Parent Liaisons bridge the gap between home and school in many ways! / ¡El Enlace Escolar-Familiar acorta la brecha entre la casa y la escuela en varias maneras!Role and Mission of the Parent LiaisonCurrent research emphasizes the importance of parent involvement in promoting school success. At the same time, lack of participation among parents of socially and culturally diverse students is also well-documented. Today’s families constantly deal with stress that impacts students’ abilities to participate in academic and extra-curricular school activities. If schools are to do an effective job of educating their increasingly diverse populations of students, they must find ways to communicate and build more cooperative working relationships with parents.Parent Liaisons:
The primary role of the Parent Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children. Targeted are those parents who:
- Facilitate parent-school communication;
- Facilitate community agency referrals;
- Encourage parent involvement in the school;
- Foster trust between parents and the educational community;
- Foster higher academic achievement through collaboration with school personnel.
- need help in determining how best to help their children;
- are infrequent participants in school activities;
- may need clarification of their role in the educational process;
- need assistance in making connections and accessing services;
- associate schools with past negative experiences.