Forest Grove Elementary School Vision Statement
The students at Forest Grove Elementary School exist in a community where high expectations for student achievement are promoted. The school counseling program strives to support all students in recognizing and developing their full potential; becoming life-long learners, effective problem solvers, and productive citizens. The school counseling program provides a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate approach to prepare all students to meet the challenges and high expectations of middle school and beyond. The school counseling program is based upon the following beliefs:
All students are unique.
· All students have the potential to achieve academic success and become respectful and responsible citizens.
· All students deserve a safe environment that embraces and celebrates their diversity.
· The needs of all students will be addressed in an equitable manner by providing school counseling lessons to every classroom.
· All students have the right to be served by the school counseling program.
· Lessons will be preventative in nature to provide strategies and coping skills to promote and support students’ success now and in the future.
· Lessons are aligned with the ASCA Student Standard and the Virginia Standards for School Counseling Programs.
· School counselors will use data in a collaborative effort to design, implement, assess, and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
· School Counselors will serve as advocates for all students and their families.
· School Counselors will collaborate with stakeholders such as; teachers, administrators, parents, and community members to assist student development and achievement.
· School Counselors will abide by ASCA’s school counseling ethics.Forest Grove Elementary School Counseling Mission Statement
The Forest Grove Elementary School Counseling program provides a comprehensive, developmental and preventative curriculum to address and promote the academic, career, and personal social needs of all students. In collaboration with teachers, parents, and the community the school counselors facilitate positive interactions with all individuals to ensure that every student at Forest Grove Elementary School has the knowledge and skills to become life-long learners, problem solvers, and productive citizens in an ever-changing society.