The PTA is a small business! We manage data, pay taxes, plan events, advocate for the needs of our children and much more.
It takes a lot of different talents and people to run a great event, put out a good student directory, get kids signed up for after school classes, put on an engaging STEAM night, cook and serve a meal for the whole school, manage our books, sort through box tops, take care of our teachers and staff, or just ensure everyone gets their membership card and the spirit wear or original artwork they ordered.
A full list of our committees can be found here. You can also sign-up for activities like those listed below through MySchoolAnywhere. Don't know where to start? Please send an email to FamilyEngagement@HamiltonPTA.net and let us know what you like to do or have time for.
We look forward to meeting you and hearing your ideas!
Some Ways You Can Help:
- Plan an event: Bring your creativity and enthusiasm! Experienced friends will help you!
- Set-up at an event (1 hr of time)
- Help at an event (1 hr if we trade)
- Clean-up after an event (30 min.)
- Go Shopping: Picking up items we need for events or teacher appreciation on your way home is a big help!
- Organize Orders/Requests: Organizing orders and entering data is a big help and easy to do at home!
Volunteer opportunities through the PTA can help you:
Build Your Child's Tomorrow ~ The single largest factor in student success is an environment of active and engaged families, educators and communities.
Grow Your Skills ~ By volunteering with the PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children of our community.
Get Connected ~ There's no better way to know what's happening in our school. The PTA provides a monthly newsletter calendar and features a monthly speaker to help you manage your busy day and gain valuable insights into your child’s education.