2017-2018 Dress CodeIt is important at River Bend Middle School that we provide an atmosphere where learning can flourish and the security and dignity of each person is protected. The more casual the attire, the more casual the attitude toward school. Students not complying with this code will be asked to cover the non-complying clothing or change clothes. Repeated infractions will result in disciplinary action.
With this in mind, the following guidelines will be in effect at River Bend Middle School.
- Wear tops that cover shoulders, midriff, chest area, back, and underarms.
- Wear pants that cover your underwear.
- Shorts and skirts should reach mid-thigh (suggested shorts length should extend past thumb-line - approximately a 4-inch inseam).
- Store jackets, coats, backpacks, and hats in your locker upon arrival.
- Wear clothing that is degrading or offensive toward other genders, cultures, religions, occupations.
- Wear clothing that depicts pornography, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, violence, cult/gang activities, or contains offensive or inappropriate language.
- Wear clothing that depicts gang related items or poses a threat to the health or safety of any other student or staff.