Odyssey of the MindCoordinator -
firstname.lastname@example.orgOdyssey of the Mind is ...
an international educational program that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students from kindergarten through college. Team members apply their creativity to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics. They then bring their solutions to competition on the local, state and national level.
At Pinebrook, students in grades 2 - 5 are eligible to participate.
During Odyssey of the Mind ...
- Students develop team-building skills by working in groups of as many as seven students per team.
- Students learn to examine problems and to identify the real challenge without limiting the possible solutions and their potential success.
- The creative-thinking process is nurtured and developed as a problem-solving tool.
- Students of all types will find something that will appeal to them.
- The fun of participation leads to an elevated interest in regular classroom curricula.
- Teachers have a program to further provide students with a well-rounded education.
Find us on Facebook at "Pinebrook" - ask to join the group.