Profesora SierraltaSpanish II, III
· 3-ring binder (2‘’)
· 6 binder dividers
· dry-erase marker
· 100 count Lined paper, college-ruled
· index cards (optional for vocabulary practice)
· Spanish/English dictionary (optional)
· 501 Spanish Verbs book (optional)Student Expectations Packet – Please go online to the DHS website – Faculty – Sierralta, Sarah -- to review the “Policies and Student/Parent Information/Signature Form” link on the left-hand side of the page. Please read over the document and enter your Student/Parent Information on the page for my records. Students will receive one point for completing the form. ¡Gracias!
Edmodo – Students, please sign up on Edmodo (or download the app) to be updated with class information. Please see the link on the left side of my web page titled “Edmodo Information”. Parents can also get a link to follow the posts by using the code on your student’s Edmodo page.
Remind – Students can receive quick reminders before a test, quiz, or project once they sign up with Remind. Go to my webpage for further details.
Some helpful websites with practice, information and games:
- www.wordreference.com Spanish dictionary and thesaurus. Includes verb conjugations.
- www.phschool.com This website directly correlates to the units that we cover in class. It has practice activities, listening activities, vocabulary lists, and review activities for test preparation.
- www.quia.com A website full of games in Spanish such as concentration, battleship and “Who Wants to be a Millionaire”
- www.spanishspanish.com Great for grammar practice and even practice quizzes. There are games too! (username: holtcm password: hawaii25 )
- http://www.colby.edu/~bknelson/SLC/index.php Numerous practice activities for grammar
- www.studyspanish.com This website has grammar tips and summaries, also vocabulary practice.
- www.spaleon.com A verb conjugator to test one’s skills plus a complete list of links for many other grammatical exercises.
Other helpful tips:
- Make flashcards for target vocabulary; use www.quizlet.com to create virtual flashcards
- Study and review the material presented and practiced in class every day. Ten to fifteen minutes can really improve your grade and understanding.