- October 1, 2020 – Registration opens for LCPS Preliminary VPA Auditions.
- October 20, 2020– Audition registration deadline for LCPS Preliminary VPA Auditions.
- November 2, 2020– Deadline to submit videotaped auditions
- November 16, 2020 – ALL LCPS VPA students who participated in the local audition are notified of their audition results via email.
- Mid December 2020 – Successful Visual and Performing Arts applicants are notified of their state audition time and place.
- December 7, 2020 – ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS (both Academic and VPA) due to Mr. Peoples.
- January 2021 – State Auditions for Visual and Performing Arts applicants. Date and Locations TBA
- February 8, 2021 – Letters emailed to LCPS students notifying them of their application status. Successful applicants are nominated for admission and their applications are forwarded to the Virginia Department of Education.
- Mid-April 2021 – ALL nominees notified by email of their admission status.
Are you currently a high school sophomore or junior? If so, you should consider applying to the 2021 Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s Schools.
The Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s Schools are approximately four weeks long and are held each summer on various college and university campuses throughout Virginia. The Governor’s Schools offer students a unique opportunity to work and study not only with other students with similar talents and interests but also with mentors, professors, scientists, and other professionals in their field of interest.
The following Summer Residential Governor’s Schools will be offered in 2021 (pending issues related to COVID-19):
- Agriculture (held at Virginia Tech)
- Humanities (held at Radford University)
- Math, Science, and Technology (held at the University of Lynchburg)
- Visual and Performing Arts (held at Radford University)
And Mentorships in:
- Marine Science (held at Christopher Newport University/VIMS)
- Medicine and Health Sciences (held at VCU)
- Engineering (held at Christopher Newport University/Jefferson Lab)
LCPS students must apply through their home high schools. Students may apply to only one Governor’s School. School divisions select the students they nominate for the state level application process.
Visual and Performing Arts Applicants:
LCPS students interested in the 2021 Visual and Performing Arts Governor’s School must attend a local preliminary audition for selection to attend the state level audition. The 2021 LCPS Preliminary Audition will be VIRTUAL.
- The deadline to register for the VIRTUAL Preliminary Audition is October 20, 2020. Please complete the Registration Form found here: Registration Form
- Once you register, you will receive an email with a link to our VPA Governor’s School Schoology course. All the information you need to audition is in the course.
- You do not need to complete an application before the LCPS Preliminary Audition, but you do need to register!
- LCPS Preliminary Audition Requirements are found here:
- Please read them carefully as you prepare for your audition.
- If you are selected for the state auditions you will need to apply for the Visual and Performing Arts Governor’s School. If you are not selected for the state auditions, you may apply to a different Governor’s School.
If you wish to apply, please read the LCPS application instructions found here: How to Apply
The Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s School website has been updated. Please proceed to their site to access the application found here: Applications
All Applications are due Monday, December 7th to Mr. Peoples.
Student/Parent Handout (Quick Reference Document for 2021 SRGS)
Please make sure that you use the 2021Summer Application. Make sure you use the appropriate applications - "Academic" or "Mentorship" - depending on the program you want to apply to. Note that your application must be typed rather than written in by hand (hence the need to download an electronic copy of the application).
The application asks you for the "School Division" and the "Public School LEA Number". The school division is Loudoun County Public Schools and the LEA number is 053-0370.
Below is information that will help you fill out the first page of the application.
School Information: John Champe High School, 41535 Sacred Mountain Street, Aldie Virginia 20105
Division Name: Loudoun County Public Schools
Public School LEA Number: 053-0370
HS Contact: Darrell Peoples
HS Contact Email: Darrell.Peoples@lcps.org