Registering with the Selective Service System when you turn 18 is every man's duty. Federal law states all males within a month of their 18th birthday must register. Registering also makes life easier by keeping you eligible for lots of good jobs, driver's license renewal in most states, financial aid or college, and job training. Plus, if you're an male immigrant, you can't get citizenship if you don't register.
It only takes 2 minutes on your smart phone or computer at sss.gov.
TOP 10 REASONS
TO REGISTER FOR THE
WHEN YOU TURN 18
1. It is the law.
2. It keeps you eligible for a driver's license.
3. It keeps you eligible for government jobs.
4. Really, it is the law.
5. It keeps you eligible for college loans.
6. Did we mention it's the law?
7. It keeps you eligible for job training.
8. Girls like guys...with jobs.
9. It only takes a couple minutes.
10. It is the law!