Why Music?Music is a vital part of the human experience! At Discovery we are so lucky to have music class as part of each child's schedule! Below are some interesting articles on how music affects YOUR child's ability to learn and grow.
Infographic from loogguitars.comInfographic from OnlineCollege.org
- Musical Intelligence in the Early Years- by Dr. John M. Feireband. Ph. D
- Music Helps Verbal Skills
- Music Education Can Help Children Improve Reading and Writing Skills
- Music Training Boosts the Brain in Young Children
- Music=Exercise for the Brain!
- Research Links Musical Training to Skills Including Language, Speech, Memory, and Attention
- Viewpoint: Problem-Solving and the Arts
- Children's Music Workshop
- Rhythm Training Helps Kids Understand Fractions
- Music: It's In Your Head. Changing Your Brain
- Music Lessons Linked to Lasting Brain Benefits
- Arts Integration- the power of the arts in general education
- Early Musical Training Provides Long Term Brain Benefits
- Why Play Music?
- Music Education Statistics and Facts
- Cornell President says "Young scientists must be taught music and the arts
Last Modified on September 23, 2016