This page is for families assigned to Discovery Elementary School during preregistration.If your student is assigned to another school's during preregistration, please contact them directly.
Hello Parents of "Future Kindergarten Students” at Discovery Elementary School!
You may pre-register online for Kindergarten 2020-2021 beginning Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 8:00 AM. If you try to register before February 18th it will be denied.
Kindergarten Registration Day 2020-2021 will be Wednesday March 18, 2020 from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM at Discovery Elementary School. This is when you bring necessary documents to register. After you fill out your pre-registration online, please call Diane Allen, Discovery Elementary's Registrar at 571-252-2370 beginning February 19, 2020 to schedule an appointment for Wednesday, March 18th to bring in your necessary documents. If you do not have an appointment on March 18th you will be considered a “walk-in.”
Appointments to finalize enrollment at Discovery Elementary can be made by calling 571-252-2370 after FEBRUARY 18th once you have completed your online pre-registration. Please do not call the office to schedule an appointment until after February 18th.
All elementary schools will register students in their attendance zone only.
Three staff members will be reviewing registration documents and our Health Clinic Specialist will be reviewing your health forms on March 18th. After your documentation is processed, we will let you know whether your registration is complete or if additional documentation is needed to finalize the enrollment process.
For a guided video tour of how to do the Online Pre-Registration process and supporting documentation, please click here.
For additional registration information and FAQ's, please click here.
Please click here for the 2020-2021 instructions for online pre-registration and forms.
Kindergarten Registration will take place in our Gymnasium. Please use the Gym side doors to enter the building.
What You Need to Bring to Your Kindergarten Appointment on Wednesday, March 18th
Please plan to bring the following items on Registration Day, Wednesday, March 18th. Your registration will not be finalized until all these documents have been provided. We will copy the documents and give originals back to you.
- The original or certified copy of your child’s birth certificate or a notarized affidavit.
- Proof of Residency (a signed deed, current signed lease, settlement paperwork, deed or current mortgage statement) Utility bills are not acceptable.
- A parent/guardian photo ID. (only parent or legal guardian may register a student)
- Legal custody papers, if applicable.
- Physical must be dated on or after August 27, 2019 (can be provided later but required to start school)
- Up to date immunizations (can be provided later but required to start school)
- TB screening (must be dated on or after December 18, 2019. (can be provided later but required to start school)