- Algonkian Elementary School
- Chromebook Troubleshooting and "How-to's"
Chromebook Troubleshooting and "How-to's"
Repairs - LPCS Department of Digital Innovation has expanded services to include a hands-on, Hardware Repair Centers (HRC). BY APPOINTMENT ONLY: To schedule an appointment, please visit: https://bit.ly/DDI-REPAIR See Below for more information of visiting the HRC
Non-hardware Issues - please call the Technology Support Center (TSC) - 571-252-2112
How to Reprint Quick Cards for K-2 Students - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YydValcZAyDUasqX9WqwGSvoet3rnhgQ/view?usp=sharing
How to Check Camera and Microphone Settings - See Below
How to clear your cache and browsing history - See Below
Instructions for using the Hardware Repair Center:
- Make an appointment using the online scheduler: https://bit.ly/DDI-REPAIR
- Make sure you BRING BOTH YOUR CHROMEBOOK AND CHARGER to every appointment.
- Wear a mask
- Please continue to call the Technology Support Center (571-252-2112), M-F, 8:30am-4pm, for remote help as much as possible (i.e. passwords, account access, etc). If you are unsure, please call them and they will be able to direct you down the appropriate avenue. If someone calls and requires Spanish speaking services, they will be transferred to a Spanish speaking engineer if available. If no one is available at that time, a call back number can be given or voicemail can be left. A Spanish speaking engineer will contact the customer.
When visiting the HRC, please continue to exercise social distance recommendations to include:
- Stay home if you are sick and make another appointment.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Practice cough etiquette.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissues.
- If you cough into tissues throw them in the trash and wash your hands immediately.
- Maintain the 6-foot space between one another. If passing documents or equipment, place items on the table in front of you, step back and allow the recipient to step-forward to pick up the item.
New Quicklink card for K-2 students
- ClassLink Quick Card Student/Parent Printing Video
How to Check Camera and Microphone Settings on a Chromebook
To check your microphone or camera settings on a Chromebook:
- Have student log into their Chromebook.
- Click on Chrome's three ellipses in the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy and Security from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Select Site Settings from the Privacy and Security box that appears in the top middle of the screen.
Click on Camera or Microphone to verify that nothing is blocked – make sure google meet is listed under allow
If all your settings are correct you will need to make an appointment at the Hardware Repair Center: https://bit.ly/DDI-REPAIR
How to clear your cache and browsing history
- Log on to your device
- Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner
- More Tools
- Clear browsing data
- Click on Advanced
- Check 'browsing history', 'download history', 'cookies and other site data', 'cached images and files', and 'passwords and other sign-in data'
- Time range – All time
- Click Clear data