Welcome to the home of Technology Integration at Freedom High School. We are a BYOT school and, in support of LCPS' One to the World Initiative, we are strongly encouraging our students to bring their own device to school. We believe our focus on this initiative will strongly benefit our students as they move through high school and beyond.
We have Dell laptops for students to use/check-out while they are at school. Students may check a device out from the library if they need one. This is done on a first-come-first-serve basis. We often run out of laptops, so students are highly encouraged to BYOT.
At Freedom our focus is on the integration of the technology into an already robust curriculum. By combining technology and instruction, learning experiences are enhanced. Students are able to synthesize and expand their understanding of subject matter and communicate that new knowledge in interesting and engaging ways.
The tech team at Freedom provides the following:
- Work with teachers to integrate the use of technology into their classrooms in a meaningful and appropriate way.
- Technical assistance to students and staff for use of instructional software and hardware resources on the network.
- Work with teaching staff to prepare procedures being used to facilitate ease-of-use of computers by students.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose basic software and hardware problems.
- Monitor student internet access and assists in the enforcing of the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
Please feel free to contact us by email.